Recipe by Sammy Mae
This recipe produces a sweet sauce that is almost dessert-like; but that is just the kind of dinner I like! I think it pairs well with the pork and is nice for fall.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil.
- Place browned chops into an 11" x 7" x 2" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits, then pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute apples in butter for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup apple juice and honey; cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon over chops and bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove chops and apples to a serving platter and keep warm, reserving pan juices.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; add reserved pan juices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over pork & apples.