Recipe by Charles Lieberman
I lost points for presentation -- served over fine egg noodles -- but my girlfriend was impressed at how moist it came out. I know "season to taste" isn't very helpful, but I didn't measure. The original recipe (I got it at work) suggested a sliced onion. The seasonings went better with the cider than one might expect. This recipe was touted as being trans fat free.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I just used 2 thick-cut boneless chops, but did not cut down on the other ingredients. This made 2 meals for me. The chops were tender and tasted savory-sweet (a hard taste to describe LOL). I will definitely make these again. Made for PAC Spring 2007.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 cup apple cider
- mustard powder
- garlic powder or garlic salt
- onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- 1 medium apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet pan Add chops and brown lightly, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Season to taste with mustard, garlic salt etc.
- Pour apple cider into skillet.
- Bring to simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Peel, core and slice apple.
- Uncover and add apple slices to pan and cook uncovered 5 minutes.
- Garnish with apple slices and pan juices and serve.