Apple Pork Chops
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Saute onion in oil for 1 minute, or until tender.
- Remove onion and set aside.
- Brown pork chops in remaining oil, two minutes on each side.
- Place chops in 8x12 inch baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer apples and cooked onion over chops.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, cloves and water.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover and bake 30-45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 22 more reviews
After cooking this recipe once I changed a few things: used nutmeg instead of clove, added a cup of onions instead of 1/2, added a teaspoon of cornstarch to thicken the sauce, and cooked the chops for 20min covered, 10min uncovered, and let stand for 5-7. Also I added garlic to the oil befor I browned the chops.
THANK YOU for this recipe. My family is not usually into trying new recipes, but this sounded too good not to try. It was DELICIOUS. We used apple juice in place of the water. The pork chops were so moist and tender. I used sirloin pork chops, as they were on sale this week b1g1f. This was pretty easy to prepare as well......we will definately be making it again.