Apple Sage Stuffed Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 thick boneless pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 apple, peeled,cored & diced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Cut a pocket into each pork chop and trim fat.
- Saute onion & celery until soft in 2 T. butter.
- Add bread cubes, apple, sage & coriander.
- Mix well & moisten with 2 T. broth.
- Stuff the chops with the dressing.
- Hold together with toothpicks if you wish.
- Mix together flour, salt& pepper.
- Dredge the chops in mixture.
- Heat oil & 1 t. butter.
- Sear the chops & put into a sprayed baking dish.
- Pour remaining broth over chops, cover & bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Join The Conversation
Not bad. Braising works well in this recipe. For non-stuffed thick cut chops I find increasing the temperature to 400 and reducing the time to 30-35 minutes works best. I really like ground coriander but it's overpowering in this recipe. The second time I made this I omitted the coriander and doubled the sage. I always brine the chops overnight in Kittencal's Basic Buttermilk Brine for Pork Chops - just personal preference.