Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One pan meal. This is a delightful apple flavored pork chop recipe. I serve it with apple sauce and baked potatoes. I can't remember where I got the recipe, I've been making it for about 20 years.
- 6 -8 center-cut pork chops (on the bone)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (more if needed)
- salt & pepper
- Rinse the pork chops, pat dry. Season with salt & pepper. Dredge the chops in the flour, shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in pan until hot but not smoking.
- Add chops, brown well on each side, (1-2 minutes). Remove chops, place on brown paper to absorb excess oil. Return to pan.
- Add onion and garlec to pan with the apple juice. Cover and steam chops for about 20 minutes or until done. You may add more juice if it starts to cook out.
I cut the recipe back to 1 chop-next time I will double the onions - they are so sweet & tasty from the garlic & apple juice. The chop was tender, tasty & moist. I browned the chop ahead of time, used only 1 tbsp oil, added the onions & garlic to the pan with the chop, browned the onions, added the juice, coveredthe pan with a lid and left it until 20 minutes before dinner, turned to medium heat and finished cooking the chop. This is a definate do again recipe Thanks Kathy G
Mmm...this is very tasty!Love the garlic flavor. It's not to much like I thought it would be. For some it could be though.