Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Taste of Home.
Make and share this Apple Pineapple Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Drain pineapple juice into a saucepan.
- Add margarine and lemon juice; cook over medium heat until margarine is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juice mixture.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add sugar.
- Cool to room temperature; about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, apples, grapes and poppy seeds.
- Add the dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving; gently toss in pecans.
This is just wonderful. Loved the flavor combination. I didn't have any grapes so skipped those. I didn't use any butter in my dish and didn't miss one bit. Also subbed walnuts for pecans. This is one I WILL be making again. Thanks for posting.
This salad is heavenly. I have made it many times for church potluck meals and never come home with leftovers. I also found this in TOH Cookbook. The only thing I changed was using toasted almonds instead of the pecans just as a personal preference.