Recipe by NurseJaney
I THINK this is from an early edition of Light&Tasty -but my copied page is faded. There are many possible variations, made the same way - such as yellow cake mix and peach pie filling, or chocolate cake mix with cherry pie filling - which I have not tried, since I LOVE the apple/spice. In preparing the bundt pan, I always use Baker's Joy spray (with flour) or Pam For Baking, and never have a problem with release. It is very easy, and packable in lunches.
Top Review by awalde
WOW! This was delicious and impressing!<br/>I used canned apples I still had to use (from 2012) and for the cake mix I prepared it myself and I'm keeping the stock mix aside for other recipes (for example delicious cranberry muffins)..<br/>Here the combination of the ingredietns for the mix (gives about 9 1/2); for this recipe I used 3 cups.<br/>1000 g (8 cups) unbleached flour (sifted)<br/>600 g (2 ¼) cups sugar<br/>60 g baking powder<br/>3 tablespoons powdered ginger<br/>3 tablespoons ground cinnamon<br/>1/2 teaspoon ground cloves<br/>1 teaspoons salt<br/><br/>The cake was delicious and the fresh filling made the cake moist and attractive. Thanks a lot for this keeper
- 18 1⁄4 ounces spice cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 1 Tblsp. cake mix.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups pie filling.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, water, oil, extract, remaining cake mix, and remaining pie filling.
- Beat on med. speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 batter into 10 inch bundt pan, coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and reserved cake mix.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Spoon reserved pie filling over batter, to within 3/4 of edges.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted near center comes out clesn.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Turn cake upright, on rack.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle over cooled cake, on plate from which it is to be served.