Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My daughter recently bought me some vintage cookbooks. This recipe came from Betty Crocker's Dinner in a Dish, published in 1965. This is a good hearty casserole for cold winter days!
- 453.59 g pork sausage
- 566.99 g can baked beans
- 141.74 g can tomato soup
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 large apple
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Core the apple and slice thinly.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet. Drain well.
- Stir in beans, soup, and pepper. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Arrange apple slices over casserole. Sprinkle brown sugar over apples.
- Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 25 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
What a fabulous standby meal! Great storecupboard ingredients and a very 60's recipe! I made this for supper last night and we both enjoyed this simple but hearty meal! I used packet tomato soup instead of tinned soup, it was all I had - but this still worked! Next time, I MAY cut back a little on the sugar, just personal taste. Made for Photo Tag and very much enjoyed! FT:-)