New England Apple Bean Bake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
"This rather unusual mixture of ingredients and flavors bakes into a delicious bean casserole that is perfect for your next barbeque." --Randall Foods, Inc.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 (48 ounce) jar great northern beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups cubed tart cooking apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the apples and onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- Add brown sugar to skillet.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the catsup, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Place the randall great northern beans in a 2 quart casserole.
- Pour the apple mixture over the beans and mix well.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION