Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I needed to make something for dinner and thought I'd try brats in the crock pot. They turned out great! All the kids had 2 and wanted more, LOL! I didn't have any beer so I tried pouring apple juice over it all and it turned out just as tasty. You could use beer if you like. No need to fire up the grill. It cooks all day while you're at work and is ready when you get home!
Top Review by AndreasMom2U
These were the most vile tasting brats my husband and I ever had. He said he had to "choke it down"--and I couldn't eat them at all. I spit out the one bite I took. The texture is incredibly mushy. The mixture of ingredients is so unpalatable! What a waste of high quality butcher store brats. Very, very disappointing.
- 8 bratwursts
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into rings
- 473.18 ml apple juice or 473.18 ml beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion rings into bottom of the crock pot and add apple rings.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add brats and garlic. Brown on all sides, poke a couple holes, and transfer to the crock pot.
- Pour the apple juice or beer over all, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.