Crock Pot Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 8 slices day old bread, cubed (raisin bread is especially good)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (use only 1/4 cup if using raisin bread)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place bread cubes in greased slow cooker.
- Beat together eggs and milk.
- Stir in sugar, butter, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread and stir.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 hours, or until thermometer reaches 160°.
- Make sauce just before pudding is done baking.
- Begin by melting butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add water, sugar, and vanilla.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>A Very Happy Stay At Home Mom!!!! I have a soon to be 11year old that lives with his dad, his name is JayJay, and 3 living at home with me, and 1 on the way....I'm lovin' life! Ashton will be 8 in January, he's the smartest kid I know! Wrylie will be 6 in February and he's got more passion and caring in his little pinkie than most adults I know!!! And my very personal pride and joy Hennessey. She was born on the 27th of September 2007 and she's my little dollbaby. I love being at home with my children..love paying for ALL the stuff my 2nd grader brings home...soccer fees, and basketball fees, and book orders...I love cartin' my kindergartner around, and then coming home and cuddlin' with my little girl, and shopping for her favorite thing...shoes. My husband and I are as tight as 2 people can be, and I hate it when he leaves for work and can't wait until the clock strikes 4:30 because I know that means he's on his way home. Life is good. I couldn't ask for more.</p>