Red Apple, Onion, and Cabbage Salad
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- soy sauce or salt
- 1⁄2 cup scallion
- 1 firm apple, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, rice vinegar,olive oil, sugar, horseradish, red onion,celery, and ginger.
- Add cabbage,apple and soy to taste mix well.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for St. Patty's day, but it really didn't go with the other Irish food (Irish soda bread, Irish Stew, etc) It was very pretty and also very good; however, it was definitely ASIAN not Irish. I think the directions could be written more coherently as well. I give it four stars because it tasted great and I do plan to bring it to summer get-togethers - makes a huge amount, I'd say it serves at least 12-16 as a side dish. However, I wouldn't advise others to make this for St. Patty's day and the directions aren't very clear.
THis was a wonderful salad! It is so colorful and beautiful and has such an explosion of tastes and color! I did add one-half of a finely-chopped red pepper and green pepper which added to the color. I'd never used crystallized ginger before, so this was a real treat for me. Thanks, RitaL for another great recipe!