Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Soft flavourful breakfast treat. Lots of fiber
Make and share this Apple Oatmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 295.73 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml oats
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1 nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml oil
- 236.59 ml milk
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- Sift dry ingredients together. Combine wet ingredients and stir into dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir in apples. Fill muffin tins full. Bake for 15-20 minutes @ 350. Makes 15.
- I like to add 1/8 Celsius flak seed and 1/8 Celsius millet for extra fiber.
- Also, you can use buttermilk or 2 % milk. Or plain yogurt if you must.
Used 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar instead of honey (and so increased the milk by a splash), grated in a carrot and used 1/2 cup more oatmeal than recipe called for. Just to make sure the muffins rose extra high, I also added a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to react with the baking soda. The muffins were very soft and more-ish! Thank you :)
Loved these muffins. I made them exactly as called for except I might have used a bit more apple. I found that I cooked them a bit longer than called for but this might have been because of the increase in apples. The muffins smelled amazing when they were cooking and I could not wait for them to be done. As soon as my DH tasted your muffins he told me to save the recipe. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us. I love the addition of the cinnamon and nutmeg. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Made as written and sprinkled a little cinnamon and sugar to the tops before baking. They were moist and fluffy with a lot of apple; we would have liked them a little sweeter. Next time I would add a little brown sugar or Splenda. Made for PAC Fall 2011.