Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy, moist apple walnut cake and so easy! Just dump everything into one bowl and stir. Recipe found on the web.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 946.36 ml finely diced apples
- 118.29 ml walnuts
- 118.29 ml soft butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat just until combined.
- Batter will be thick.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake one hour or until tests done.
This is a lovely cake. I've made it before and we all enjoy it.
I halved the sugar and also added 1/2 cup of milk to bind it together as the mixture was very dry ... went down well!
This cake tastes really good, but was not a light fluffy cake. It is dense and moist. Really easy. I cut the sugar as suggested by another reviewer, and it was sweet enough, but I think I will top it with a glaze for appearance. Marie, thanks for the easy tasty recipe!