My 4 year-old son and I went to a Mommy and Me cooking class, and this is one of the recipes we made together. Great for kids, and fun to make!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unfold 1 refrigerated pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Cut 12, 2 1/2 inch circles from the pie crust, re-rolling the dough if necessary. Press each into a cup of a mini muffin pan.
- For the filling, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fluffy. Add egg; blend well. Stir in flour, cinnamon, and vanilla until combined. Stir apples into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon apple filling into 12 crusts.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until it forms a coarse crumb. Spoon topping evenly over each tart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.
These are excellent!!! It is like having an apple pie without the work. Made as is, except I got 18 tarts out of the filling (I may have cut the apples too small, and they were pretty big apples). I will be making these for the holidays rather than a whole pie since I do not like pie leftover, it seems to get too mushy for me, and there definately will not be any leftovers with these. I am going to have to get some more apples and use the other pie crust from the box and make a second batch, we cannot stop eating them!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Excellent little tarts...so easy to prepare...I also got 18 of them...good thing I have two mini muffin pans...these were a hit at our Christmas Eve get together...got gobbled up before I could get a photo...but the one posted is perfect...thanks for posting the recipe...:)