My 4 year-old son and I went to a Mommy and Me cooking class, and this is one of the recipes we made together. Great for kids, and fun to make!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unfold 1 refrigerated pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Cut 12, 2 1/2 inch circles from the pie crust, re-rolling the dough if necessary. Press each into a cup of a mini muffin pan.
- For the filling, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fluffy. Add egg; blend well. Stir in flour, cinnamon, and vanilla until combined. Stir apples into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon apple filling into 12 crusts.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until it forms a coarse crumb. Spoon topping evenly over each tart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.