Recipe by Impera_Magna
An easy slow cooker recipe from Beverly Mills & Alicia Ross of "Desperation Dinners." They recommend serving with black-eyed peas, turnip greens, and corn bread.
Top Review by berry271
My version of this recipe is to only cook on low for 4-4 1/2 hours and then slice the meat and serve with the gravy, but a longer cooking time and shredding the meat sounds ok too.
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim visible fat from pork roast; cut in half so it will fit into slow cooker. Place halves side by side in the bottom of a 5 qt or larger slow cooker.
- In a 4 cup glass measure, mix together apple juice, mustard, and chicken broth. Pour mixture over roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or a thermometer inserted into each roast registers at least 160 degrees.
- When roast is cooked, remove meat to a platter; using two forks, shred meat.
- In small jar with a lid, shake together cornstarch and water. Slowly pour mixtures - a tablespoon at a time - into the sauce remaining in the cooker. Stir until slightly thickened, about one minute.
- NOTE: You may not need all the cornstarch mixture.
- Ladle sauce over meat and serve.