Recipe by Happy Harry #2
I love Indian food although I usually only eat the vegetarian recipes. My Hindu friends who taught me to cook their food would shoot me if they knew that this recipe contains alcohol and chicken broth, but I couldn't help myself--this is so good! Oh, I don't serve this to them!
- 2 cups sweet apples, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 10 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté apples and onions in oil over medium-high heat, until turning golden brown.
- In bowl, blend flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add broth, lemon juice and wine.
- Add to apple mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Turn heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the coconut and you are "ready to go".
- Wonderful served over hot rice.
- One of the best things about this recipe is that it freezes well. It can be used in several different dishes, so I always make more then I need.