Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A special treat for your special furry friend!
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup natural peanut butter, and small dog treats for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin tins.
- In a bowl, combine the applesauce, water, vanilla, egg, and honey.
- In another bowl, mix the four, baking powder.
- Slowly add wet to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour in lightly greased muffin tins and bake about 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack.
- When cool, frost them with the peanut butter and top each one with a small dog treat.