This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. He warns me about the upcoming hunting season so that I can make these for his trip. They are very moist and tasty. I use Pampered Chef's cinnamon plus for the spices and like it the best. I have won Reserve Grand champ at our local fair with these and they are often requested. Freeze nicely.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 18mins
- 2 cups apples, skin on, grated
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Put the grated apples, sugar, water, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cool; add flour and soda.
- Fill paper lined cupcake tins 2/3 full.
- Bake until cupcakes spring back when touched in the center.