1/2 Photos of Apple Crunch Muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour, Sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, Ground
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg, Slightly Beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup tart apple (Apples are to be washed and cored. Shred the unpeeled apples for recipe)
- nut crunch topping
- 1Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into mixing bowl.
- 2Cut in shortening with pastry blender until fine crumbs form.
- 3Combine egg and milk.
- 4Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring just enough to moisten.
- 5Stir in apples.
- 6Spoon batter into paper-lined 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
- 7Sprinkle with nut crunch topping.
- 8Bake in 375 degree oven 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Serve hot with butter and homemade jelly or jam.
- 10NUT CRUNCH TOPPING: Mix together 1/4 c brown sugar (packed), 1/4 c chopped pecans and 1/2 t ground cinnamon in small bowl.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crunch Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.8
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 506.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g