Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great on Pork
Make and share this Apple Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno chile, finely diced
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, and jalapeno, and cook until soft. Add half of the apples, the apple juice and vinegar, and cook until the apples are soft. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining apples and the thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a bowl and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving so that flavors meld.