Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was looking through the "The Best of Country Cooking 2007"and I came across this recipe.It was ssubmitted to the above cookbook by Nancy Zimmermean from Cape May Court House,New Jersey.I decided to try it,and it wasn' t too bad :).I have found out that the amount of vegetable oil that was listed in the ingredients made the cake just a little too oily for me.I would suggest cutting the oil to 1/4 cup.Since my SO doesn't care for pecans I left those out.And I also found out that 45 minutes is too long to bake, so 35 minutes might be better.So if you try this recipe,please consider the changes that I have made.Submitted to "ZAAR" on April 28,2008.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 vegetable oil (i suggest 1/4 cup )
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tart apples
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour,baking powder, baking soda,salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the oil,sugar and eggs to the dry ingredients,stir until just combined.
- Then mix in the apples,pecans, and 1/4 of the chips.
- Pour batter into an greased 8 inch square pan,and sprinkle remaining chips over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 ( I suggest 35 minutes ) or until a toothpick comes out clean.