Savory muffins for breakfast or snacks or even dessert. After several mods, my wife and I love this "somewhat healthy", easy muffin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1/2-2/3 cup brown sugar (I used 2/3 cup last time and we liked the extra sweetness)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium granny smith apples, unpeeled, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 lb bacon, crisply cooked (or more)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients with spoon.
- 3Stir in the apples and bacon until coated.
- 4Mix all wet ingredients well, then stir together with the dry ingredients with spoon until well mixed.
- 5Spray 2 regular size 12-muffin pans with flour/oil cooking spray. Use a gravy dipper or large spoon to fill the molds equally.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes, testing with toothpick at 20 minutes. I broiled for last 4 minutes to get tops brown.
- 7Wait 10 minutes to remove from pans.
- 8Serve with butter or not, but serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Bacon Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 291.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g