Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Savory muffins for breakfast or snacks or even dessert. After several mods, my wife and I love this "somewhat healthy", easy muffin.
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup brown sugar (I used 2/3 cup last time and we liked the extra sweetness)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium granny smith apples, unpeeled, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄3 lb bacon, crisply cooked (or more)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients with spoon.
- Stir in the apples and bacon until coated.
- Mix all wet ingredients well, then stir together with the dry ingredients with spoon until well mixed.
- Spray 2 regular size 12-muffin pans with flour/oil cooking spray. Use a gravy dipper or large spoon to fill the molds equally.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, testing with toothpick at 20 minutes. I broiled for last 4 minutes to get tops brown.
- Wait 10 minutes to remove from pans.
- Serve with butter or not, but serve warm.