Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not the one Nan makes, but good anyway. Anzac biscuits were baked for the soldiers in the war(s) and sent to them, they keep well provide lots of energy and taste good. A nice thing to do is to coat the bottoms with chocolate.
- 130 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 6 drops vanilla essence
- Prepare a moderate oven 350°F or 180°C.
- Grease 3 oven trays.
- Gently melt butter and golden syrup, do not boil or burn.
- Sift flour and salt.
- Add sugar, coconut, rolled oats and vanilla.
- Dissolve the bicarb in boiling water.
- Mix all ingredients together and mix well.
- Put out in small balls on oven tray, allowing room for biscuits to flatten and spread during cooking (they spread heaps so I suggest you test this with your first tray to work out how many to put on a tray).
- Bake in oven 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to rest on tray for 1/2 minute before lifting off with a spatula to cool on a cake cooler.