1 hr 15 mins
This is a vegetarian version of Tortilla Soup. I have been searching for a good one for a long time, and of course no luck!... So then I started trying to make my own, and well here it is. TaDAAAAAA!!! :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, Chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup green chili
- 1 hand full cilantro (or more if you like the taste)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pepper (Helpful tip ( If you don't want to use salt use Braggs Amino Acid ) or salt (Helpful tip ( If you don't want to use salt use Braggs Amino Acid )
- 3 cups of cubed chicken (I use Quorn Brand )
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup frying oil
- oil (for frying)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- 1Bring Broth to a Boil.
- 2Mix together in a food processor or blender the onion, tomatoes, green chilies, and cilantro until completely liquefied.
- 3Pour Mixture into boiling water.
- 4Then add corn, black beans,enchilada sauce red or green (I like it spicy so I use the red) garlic, and cumin.
- 5For the "chicken" : Fry in a skillet, until fully cooked. I like my "chicken" put through the food processor just for about 30 seconds. But if you like it chunky just add it to the soup cubed. Boil time should be about an hour, stirring frequently.
- 6For the Tortilla Chips: Heat oil. Cut tortilla into skinny strips, add them to the oil cook until golden brown place on paper towel.
- 7Top with chopped avocado, sour cream, cheese and of course Tortilla Chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Andreas Mouth Watering "chicken" Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: