Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on steaks and roasts. You can add a little red cayenne pepper for an extra kick, if you like it spicy.
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix thoroughly.
- To use: coat meat liberally with rub and wrap with plastic wrap for up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bring meat to room temp before cooking.
- Enough rub here for 3-5 pounds meat.
Wow! I didn't have any ancho chile powder so chopped up some dried Scotch Bonnet chile including the seeds. In combination with the other spices it perfectly complimented the steak.