Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Truly original recipe with chicken seasoned and sauteed, egg noodles boiled in seasoned chicken broth, peas, bacon and bacon cracker crumbs make this recipe different from all the rest. While there are a lot of steps and ingredients don't let that scare you. It's worth the extra effort. Just made this for family dinner and everyone took left overs home. The only reason there were left overs was I doubled the recipe.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 226.79 g egg noodles
- 411.06 g canorganic peas
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 stalk celery
- 177.44 ml club cracker crumb
- 4 bacon
- 411.06 g cream of chicken soup
- 411.06 g cream of mushroom soup
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 177.44 ml milk
- 226.79 g package monterey jack cheese
- 907.18 g carton organic free range fat free chicken broth
- 453.59 g canorganic chicken broth
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml bacon grease
- 29.58 ml onion powder
- 29.58 ml crushed rosemary
- 73.94 ml everglades seasoning salt
- 29.58 ml pre-minced garlic, from a jar
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml thyme
- Finely dice onion and celery and set aside.
- In a shallow dish mix the onion powder, crushed rosemary, Everglades seasoned salt (Or Emeril's if you can't find Everglades), paprika, white pepper, chili powder and thyme and mix together well.
- Dredge the chicken breast through all the seasonings making sure to cover the entire piece of chicken.
- In a large deep pan with lid add olive oil, margarine and the minced garlic from a jar and heat on high just until small bubbles form.
- Place chicken breast in pan.
- Add the diced onion and diced celery immediately after putting the chicken inches Just make room around the pieces of chicken.
- With the heat still on high sear the chicken turning once.
- Once chicken is browned on all sides add the.
- box chicken broth.
- Lower heat between medium and low or just until the broth is boiling but not a roiling boil.
- While you cook the chicken cut the bacon into bite size pieces then brown and set aside on a piece of paper towel to drain.
- Take the bacon grease (hopefully it will add up to 2 TBLS but if not just add some extra bacon grease).
- Crumble the Club Crackers into the bacon grease making sure the pieces are crumbled very very small.
- Mix all the cracker crumbs until they are all saturated with the bacon grease and set aside.
- Once the chicken is done sit on a plate cover with foil and put in refrigerator to cool and stay moist.
- In a large pot add the water that the chicken sauteed in and the extra can of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook to package direction usually around 9-11 minutes -- shoot for the lower number since the noodles will cook longer in the oven SAVE LIQUID and the diced onion and celery.
- Once cooked place noodles in 9 X 13 inch glass dish.
- Add can of peas.
- In a large bowl add the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk and 1 cup of the broth from the egg noodles and mix well. It may seem watery but the noodles soak up some of the liquid and you don't want the casserole to be dry.
- Using a colander drain the liquid and keep the onions and celery.
- Dice up the chicken in small bite size pieces and add to the dish with the noodles and peas.
- Add the cream sauce and the celery and onion and bacon pieces and mix very well.
- Shred whole block of Monterey Jack Cheese and sprinkle over top.
- Add cracker crumbs over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the crackers start to turn a golden brown and the casserole is bubbling.
Great use for a chicken recipe. I did though leave out the celery, used store bought (store brand) seasoning salt, used fat-free chicken broth, and regular chicken broth for the 32 ounce can. It had a wonderful variety of flavors. The rosemary really stuck out. Chicken ended up very noce and tender after the posted cooking time. Great quick meal that we enjoyed. Made for New Kids.