1/3 Photos of Amish Sugar Cookies
Everyone I've ever made these cookies for describes them as very similar to tea cakes; they are very fluffy with a unique flavor. The recipe was given to me by a close friend of my great-aunt Jackie. They are YUM YUM good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a very large mixing bowl, cream together; eggs, sugar, and oil.
- 3Add buttermilk, baking soda, salt, baking powder.
- 4Gradually beat in flour, and beat until mixture is smooth.
- 5(If you let the batter sit for about 5 minutes after beating in all the flour, it will be easier to put on cookie sheets and won't spread out as much.) Pour by 1/4 cupfulls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- 6Sprinkle tops of cookies with cinnamon sugar.
- 7Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes. Watch carefully and do not overbake.
- 8If the cookie springs back when touched, it's done.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2359.6
- Calories from Fat 1050
- Total Fat 116.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 2251.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 301.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 156.6 g
- Protein 29.7 g