Everyone I've ever made these cookies for describes them as very similar to tea cakes; they are very fluffy with a unique flavor. The recipe was given to me by a close friend of my great-aunt Jackie. They are YUM YUM good!!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a very large mixing bowl, cream together; eggs, sugar, and oil.
- Add buttermilk, baking soda, salt, baking powder.
- Gradually beat in flour, and beat until mixture is smooth.
- (If you let the batter sit for about 5 minutes after beating in all the flour, it will be easier to put on cookie sheets and won't spread out as much.) Pour by 1/4 cupfulls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes. Watch carefully and do not overbake.
- If the cookie springs back when touched, it's done.