Everyone I've ever made these cookies for describes them as very similar to tea cakes; they are very fluffy with a unique flavor. The recipe was given to me by a close friend of my great-aunt Jackie. They are YUM YUM good!!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a very large mixing bowl, cream together; eggs, sugar, and oil.
- Add buttermilk, baking soda, salt, baking powder.
- Gradually beat in flour, and beat until mixture is smooth.
- (If you let the batter sit for about 5 minutes after beating in all the flour, it will be easier to put on cookie sheets and won't spread out as much.) Pour by 1/4 cupfulls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes. Watch carefully and do not overbake.
- If the cookie springs back when touched, it's done.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I have not had these since my grandmother, who was born and raised Amish, passed away. I have been searching for this recipe for so very long. THANK YOU! PS - DELICIOUS!
These cookies were excellent. I will add these to my Christmas cookie list. Very easy to make and they don't take long to bake. These cookies were so fluffy and it was like having your own cake.
awesome recipe for soft sugar cookies!