Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've had this recipe for a long time. It's the only crust my wife asks for whether I'm making pot pies, fruit pies or turnovers. It makes awesome homemade Hot Pockets too. You can substitute whole wheat flour for all or some of the AP flour. This is enough for a 9 inch 2 crust pie, two 9 inch single crust pies or 10-12 hot pockets. You can double the recipe if you have a really big mixing bowl for OAMC.
- Blend flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in Crisco to pea sized pieces.
- Mix together egg, water and vinegar.
- Add to flour.
- Mix until moistened and a soft dough forms.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week and will be easy to roll.