Recipe by Janet Knowles
A favorite recipe from the 1977 "Proven Baker's Secrets to Bake Yourself Proud"--an insert from a magazine of that year. Very easy to make. Makes its own crust.
Top Review by Clean Plate Club
Everyone liked this and yes it is dead simple to make. Very custard-y. I would probably add a little more sugar next time around. Took way more than 40 min in oven to set completely... more like an hour. Tasted even better the next day.
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix
- 4 eggs (3 will work if they're extra large)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the coconut, together in a blender.
- Cover and blend on low speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Let stand about 5 minutes then sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.