Cocoa Nut Coconut Pie
photo by BodyFiiTs CookingLe
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup bakers sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt, set aside.
- Prepare nuts, set aside.
- Whip heavy cream till peaks form.
- Mix bakers sugar (a little at a time) then eggs, butter and vanilla into heavy cream till well blended.
- Stir in brown sugar mix till blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust, cover edges of crust with foil, bake 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with coconut and bake additional 20 minutes till coconut is toasted to liking.
- Remove foil and cool for at least 2 hours, store in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I <span style=background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);>Have always loved to cook and create my own recipes. </span></p> <p>Being health concious I have strived to create lean flavorful meals and creative deserts, not always so lean as I do have a sweet tooth!</p>