Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a dinner fit for any special occasion with a smaller group in mind. It can, of course, be increased if you have more at your table (don't you love that Zaar lets you do that with just a click!). I should also mention that this recipe is geared to please my dh who dearly loves sweet. If it sounds like it will be sweeter than you would usually make something, please feel free to cut back on the sugar as much as you would like.
- 1⁄4 cup sweet butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups italian herb seasoned stuffing mix (read bread cubes)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup amaretto liqueur
- Mix all of stuffing ingredients together and pour into greased baking dish.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of mixture, heat oven at 350º.
- Baste from time to time with glaze sauce.
- Bake for one hour or until chicken breasts are tender.
- Glaze sauce: combine and heat ingredients slowly in small saucepan.
I made this for Buddha's birthday today. As directed (using thin style breasts), but omitted the water chestnuts as there were none in the pantry. I took another reviewer's advice and used just 1/4 cup of brown sugar and it was perfect. I got mixed reviews on this dish, but me, I thought the sweetness in the glaze was wonderful on the chicken and flavored the dressing nicely as well. I plan on using this glaze again for BBQ chicken. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. :)
This is a keeper...I followed the directions exactly as given and my family loved it. The dish is a little on the sweet side, so I might cut the brown sugar by 1/2 cup next time I make it. The chicken itself was very tasty and the stuffing had the nice crunch of the water chestnuts. We will definitely make this dish again.