Fried Chicken Hawaiian-Style
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 4 lbs chicken drummettes or 4 lbs chicken thighs, if using thighs cut into 1 inch by 3 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (use less since it can be too salty or eliminate)
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to mixture and stir together.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate 4 - 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remix since batter may separate overnight.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Drain and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This turned out really well! I've been making a similar sesame chicken recipe for years which I got out of honpa hongwanji favorite recipe books. I have to say your recipe is just as "Ono"! However, I omitted the salt and accent because of my no salt restrictions and it didn't affect the taste at all. Grandkids loved it!
Great chicken! Made this using chicken thighs and marinating approximately eight hours. Followed your advice and used just a sprinkle of salt - did not use the optional Accent seasoning (a personal choice on my part.) Went with the two cloves of garlic - the sesame seed give this wow appeal! Yes loved this chicken - so happy with this recipe I am now off to print more of your recipes! Thank you - it's been added to my Favorites Cookbook - a repeat has already been requested.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to travel therefore, I have learned to eat all kinds of ethnic foods. I try to duplicate recipes of foods that I've particularly enjoyed during my travels. I cook alot of oriental dishes since this is what my husband prefers and enjoys. However, my grandchildren prefer spagetti, pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs over my gourmet cooking. My biggest critic is my husband. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">