Recipe by mermaidmagic
Rich and delicious. One of Angelo's creations. Cook time is a guess and includes chill time. I've never made this personally but have eaten it when Angelo made it and it was great.
- 1 cup amaretti cookie, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine (real wine, not cooking wine)
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- 3⁄4 cup toasted almond, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread out the chopped amaretti cookies on wax paper.
- Sprinkle the rum over cookies to evenly coat.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour into small saucepan and place in larger saucepan half filled with boiling water.
- (or double boiler if you have one).
- Whisk mixture, adding almond extract, cocoa and mascarpone.
- Whisk until ribbons form when you pull up the whisk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add wine and whisk until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and chill at least 30 minutes.
- When ready, put a tablespoon of cookie mixture on the bottom of a serving bowl.
- Spoon in mascarpone mixture.
- Add another tablespoon of cookie mixture.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sliced almonds.