Recipe by Vegan Freak
Vegetarian Cooking for Dummies.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Great way to prepare brown rice. I ended up using (2) red peppers & omitted the almonds. My vegy broth was homemade so it didn't have any salt in it and, although we aren't big salt people, we found it needed abit in the mixture. Perfect ratio of rice/broth & cooking time was bang on. Easy & tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml diced celery
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 295.73 ml uncooked brown rice (or about 5 cups cooked rice)
- 887.21 ml vegetable broth
- 158.51 ml slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook celery, onions, pepper, mushrooms and parsley over med heat until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in remaining seasonings.
- Add the uncooked rice and cook for several minutes, mixing well. Transfer the ingredients to a lightly oiled 3-qt casserole. If usng precooked rice, add it in this step.
- Add broth and half of the alomds. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Top with remaining almonds and bake, covered, for one hour or until rice is soft and liquid has been absorbed.