Recipe by mandabears
This is a easy, fairly healthy and delicious bran muffin/bread recipe. I started with a recipe from the Philadelphia Orchestra Cookbook and changed it little by little. It was submitted originally by a lady from Scotland. I now use Splenda Brown Sugar Blend with this, instead of regular brown sugar.
Top Review by Chef Cameo
Very very simple....I did add some vanilla, nutmeg, nuts and chocolate chips. Not sure it would have tasted very good without it but that wouldn't be fair to this review. But, it was such a simple recipe, I had to try it. I tried it because my cereal was expired and wouldn't have eaten out of the box that way but thought what the heck, use it in a recipe. I hate throwing stuff out. Nice and easy.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) packagesun-maid dried fruit or 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup self rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk, brown sugar, All-Bran and FruitBits (or raisins) in large bowl.
- Let sit for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, mix in self-rising flour.
- Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan or put paper liners in muffin tin.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan or into muffin cups 3/4 full.
- For bread, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- For muffins bake 20-25 minutes.