Microwave English Muffin Bread
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda in large bowl.
- Heat milk and water until warm but do not boil.
- Add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in rest of flour.
- Grease 2 glass, 8-inch loaf pans, sprinkle each with cornmeal.
- Divide batter into two equal parts and carefully place in pans.
- Place pans in large rectangle with water.
- Place in oven one warm (200°F).
- Let rise 35-45 minutes or until dough rises to top of pan.
- Place in microwave (one loaf pan at a time) and bake on High for 6 1/2 minutes.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and slice.
- Wrap in foil and store in freezer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so good. I did not have 2 microwave baking dishes so I used a silicone bunt pan. My microwave is very powerful, so I only had to cook the whole thing for about 7 min. The flavor is great. I am going to slice and freeze it so I can have it for a quick breakfast. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.