photo by JustAMuggle
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Your choice of topping
- parmesan cheese or cinnamon sugar, mixture
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar.
- Add the yeast mixture and remaining 1 cup of warm water; stir until combined.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled. (About 1 hour).
- Stir dough down.
- Divide in half.
- Place each half in a greased 1 quart round casserole or ovenproof bowl.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with topping.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled; about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from pans to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 10 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a work at home woman married to a work at home man. We have four kids that I homeschool as well as a large house to run so I'm constantly in the kitchen. I love the challenge of feeding my family as frugally as possible with exciting meals. It's become a bit of an obsession and a web site has been born from it. Recipezaar has been the best place to find new recipes and interesting meal plans so I spend lots of my time hunting through Recipezaar recipes to try.