1/3 Photos of Agnes’ Creamy Rice Pudding
This is a great creamy stove top version of rice pudding. I like it while it's still warm, but it's great cold too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rice, water, salt, and butter in a pan.
- 2Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3At the same time, heat the milk to scalding.
- 4Stir hot milk into rice, add raisins if using, cover, and simmer 15 more minutes.
- 5Beat eggs and sugar together.
- 6Add some of the hot mixture to them, stirring constantly.
- 7Return egg mixture to rice mixture and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 8It should start to bubble.
- 9Pour into a bowl.
- 10Add the vanilla.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Agnes’ Creamy Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 180.3 mg
- Sodium 345.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 13.1 g