1/3 Photos of After-Thanksgiving Turkey Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Got this from another site; I am not a big turkey eater, but being in Wisconsin, the soups is needed in the cold winter months. Posting for future use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place turkey carcass in a soup kettle or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2Remove carcass; cool. Set aside 3 quart broth.
- 3Remove turkey from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- 4In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute the onions, carrots and celery in butter until tender.
- 5Reduce heat; stir in flour until blended.
- 6Gradually add 1 quart of reserved broth.
- 7Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Add cream, rice, salt, bouillon, pepper, remaining broth and reserved turkey.
- 9Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for After-Thanksgiving Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 446.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: