Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't know why this recipe is African. It came to me from a friend in Pennsylvania, who has no African roots that I know of. It can be a complete, vegetarian meal served with rice, or a more protein-rich meal with the addition of a chicken breast. Preparation time does not include cooking rice.
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Cook onion and pepper in the oil in a large pot or skillet for about 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add spinach and tomato. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the spinach is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook until hot throughout.
- Serve over rice.
This was made as per directions. It is a pleasingly different way to serve fresh spinach. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*