photo by Zurie
- Ready In:
- Cook onion and green pepper in peanut oil in a skillet for about 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add spinach and tomato to skillet.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, or until spinach is tender.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cook until hot throughout.
- Serving suggestion: Server with hot cooked rice or couscous.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made, photographed and reviewed for ZWT7. Great!! Spinach, whether the small, soft English type or the large-leaved swiss chard (also called "spinach", is a popular veggie here. The ethnic peoples also harvest a weed they call "marog", which taste just like spinach, and they also call it "spinach". I made this tonight to go with a chicken recipe also posted for this ZWT, and it was delicious! I used a sugar-free peanut butter. I used real ("English") spinach, but kept to the recipe. Lovely, and will definitely make it this way again. I apologise for the photo posted. I photographed it with the other ZWT chicken recipe added, but then I also took about 7 pics of the spinach on its own. By that time heavy clouds had come over, it started to rain, I tried photos under the kitchen lights -- and NOT ONE was focused -- all were blurry. Sorry!!!