Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This oddly wonderful combination of ingredients make a surprisingly different and delicious soup that everyone will enjoy! Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top and some crusty bread for dipping.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 8 cups vegetable broth or 8 cups stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Cook onions and bell peppers until lightly browned and tender, stirring in garlic when almost done to prevent burning. Stir in tomatoes, vegetable stock, pepper, and chili powder. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cover, and simmer another fifteen minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in peanut butter until well blended, and serve.