Recipe by Norma
Deceptively decadent chocolate biscuit ideal with coffee, after dinner or as a small treat. Children absolutely adore them, have a similar texture to shortbread only better.
- 200 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup corn flakes, slightly crushed
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- walnuts (to decorate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, sift together flour and cocoa and mix into butter mix, then fold in corn flakes and coconut.
- Put teaspoonful balls onto lightly greased or baking paper covered trays.
- Bakes at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Makes about 30 biscuits.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa together, add enough water to get a spreading consistency, ice biscuits, decorate with walnuts.