No - Bake Cherry Chocolate Biscuit Cake
In the cookie aisle, I often see the packages of Le Petit Beurre butter _biscuits_ and wonder whether they are really cookies or biscuits. I still don't know but they make a great dessert that's not really a cake or candy or cookie or fudge exactly, something in between. Cooking time = chill time
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or 2 tablespoons mild light molasses
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package butter cookies, coarsely crumbled (Le Petit Beurre biscuits)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup dried tart cherry
- Line 9 x 5 x 2-inch metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving overhang on both ends.
- Stir chocolate and butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.Remove from heat. Mix in cream and golden syrup. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours or overnight. (Cake can be prepared up to 3 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Uncover pan. Place platter on pan. Invert cake onto platter. Peel off plastic wrap. Cut cake into slices and serve.
- Nb - This is very rich and can be pretty crumbly when cutting. Keep cold for best results.