Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
SPANISH TAPAS RECIPE: This recipe combines the best of the old world, the best of the new world and spices from the far east. Brined olives are available in every tapas bar.
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs black olives, cured (the wrinkled ones)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 cups olive oil
- Soak the garlic slices in the vinegar or lemon juice for 24 hours. Drain and mix in a large bowl with the olives, parsley, chili flakes, coriander and cumin.
- Sterilize a 4 cup wide necked jar by rinsing with boiling water and drying in a warm oven (do not use a dish towel).
- Spoon the olive mixture into the jar and pour in the olive oil. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks before serving at room temperature. The olives will keep for a further month in the refrigerator.