Pinchos Morunos (Moorish Pointed Stick or Thorns)
TAPAS RECIPE: This recipe highlights the Moorish influence on Spanish cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin or 1 1/2 lbs lamb tenderloins, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, lightly toasted and ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spanish paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon wedge
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Thread the meat onto 12 bamboo skewers. Season lightly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Combine the cumin, coriander, pimenton and oregano. Smash the garlic cloves to a paste with a little salt, mix in the olive oil and combine with the dry spices.
- Rub the seasoning mixture onto the meat with your fingers. Place on plate, plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook, up to several hours.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat until nearly smoking. Cook the skewers about 3 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this for dinner and served over steamed white rice with a side of recipe#483615 They went together easy and enjoyed the blend of spices. I marinated for about 2 hours and the pork came out fork tender. Next time I'll try a differant variety of dipping sauces - maybe a sweet n sour variety. Made for ZWT 8, the Spainish leg for the Diners, Winers and Chives.Reply