Not just for the celiacs! I was skeptical, since the last recipe I tried was gritty, heavy and nasty. These are light, rich and absolutely perfect. I actually like these better than "regular" peanut butter cookies, and from a big fat Momma, that's saying something! Adapted from Catherine's recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Make sure you have beaters that can handle thick batter.
- In a medium bowl, cream margarine and sugars.
- Beat in egg and peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours and baking soda evenly.
- Add in two parts to wet ingredients, beating on med-high speed until thoroughly blended.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- You can press them with a fork if desired, but not necessary.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.