Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A luscious, juicy, tender sweet pork tenderloin !!
Make and share this A Peach of a Pork Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- cooking spray
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground pepper, freshly ground
- 2.46 ml canola oil (or olive oil)
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, chopped (we like Walla Walla)
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml white wine (i used Chardonnay)
- 59.14 ml peach jam, chunky type (or peach preserves chopped with juice)
- 29.58 ml cold water
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml lime juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Spray a heavy bottomed frypan with veggie spray , heat on high, meanwhile spray tenderloin all over with veggie spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Quickly sear tenderloin on all sides, reduce heat to medium, continue browning on all sides 'til well coloured, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place on rack in a roasting pan; roast for approximately 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the tenderloin.
- While the tenderloin is roasting make the sauce.
- In the same frypan used to sear the tenderloin, heat the oil on medium heat; add the onion, cook for about 5 minutes 'til the onion softens, stirring occasionally. Add the broth, wine and peach jam or preserves with juice; simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch into cold water in a small cup; add , while stirring, to the jam mixture, boil while stirring until thickened; remove from heat.
- Add lime juice if using, stir to mix.
- Carve tenderloin into half inch slices; pour sauce along slices and serve hot.