Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Using frozen strawberries, this recipe is easy to prepare. From www.oregonstrawberries.org
- 12 ounces frozen strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream (NOT Cool Whip)
- orange zest
- toasted sliced almonds
- Process the frozen berries and sugar in a blender with the on and off pulse button until just mixed. Add extract of your choice.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the cream until stiff, then fold in the strawberry mixture.
- Transfer to parfait glasses and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set.
- For presentation, garnish each serving with a few threads of orange zest and some toasted almonds slices if desired.
- Yield is estimated.
This is one of those classic recipes. Simple, delicious and pretty, too! I used pureed half frozen and half fresh strawberries and orange extract. Husband and two kids LOVED it. Will make again and again. Thanks for posting.